Share Your Favourite Skyrim Mods!

Console games, PC games, handheld games, mobile games, whatevs.
Zuffy

Share Your Favourite Skyrim Mods!

Post by Zuffy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:44 pm

A thread to post your favourite mods in!

Please state which version of the game you're using the mod with since this puts any caveats or performance impact into context. :)

Having moved over to playing Skyrim:SE, two mods that I really like are not yet available; they are SkyUI and Convenient Horses, both rely on SKSE, which at the time I last checked had not been ported to the new version of the game. Anyway, the mods that I am using, are as follows:
  • Unofficial Patch (USSEP) - fixes many hundreds of bugs.
  • Run for your lives! - Townsfolk run inside during dragon attacks
  • When Vampires Attack! - Townsfolk run inside during vampire attacks
  • A Quality World Map - Makes the world map usable as a map
  • Rustic ... - High-quality, lore-friendly texture replacers
    • Clothing
    • Clutter Collection
    • Cooking
    • Mountains
    • Soul gems
    • Windows
  • Peltapalooza - Replaces the pelts with high quality versions
  • Rugnarok - Replaces the rugs with high quality versions
  • Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMIM) - Replaces many of the worst meshes in the game with much better versions.

Feel free to share screenshots! I'll post some of my own after the next time I play, assuming I remember to take some!
(use of an image hosting site is preferred over uploading to the forum)
This is my signature placeholder text. I plan to replace it with something useful, interesting etc...

CaptDaf

Re: Your favourite Skyrim Mods!

Post by CaptDaf » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:26 pm

I wish the patch mod didn't disable cheevos. :(

Looking for a decent inventory mod (I did find one on Saturday but didn't get around to testing it because I had friends over).
Waiting for the Death Star Moon mod to be ported over to SSE.
Duct tape is like the Force: it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

Twitch - Twitter - Soundcloud

Zuffy

Post by Zuffy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:38 pm

CaptDaf wrote:I wish the patch mod didn't disable cheevos. :(
If you play on PC there is a mod to re-enable achievements: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/245/

If not, you're out of luck! :(
This is my signature placeholder text. I plan to replace it with something useful, interesting etc...

CaptDaf

Post by CaptDaf » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:36 pm

Zuffy wrote:If you play on PC there is a mod to re-enable achievements: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/245/
Well of course! Why didn't I think of that! ^_^

Okay, well, I'm certainly not getting the message that cheevos are disabled, but it'll take some time to test whether it's actually working or not.
Like, months, when I next get around to playing it. :p
Many thanks, though! :)
Duct tape is like the Force: it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

Twitch - Twitter - Soundcloud

Willem Verheij

Re: Share Your Favourite Skyrim Mods!

Post by Willem Verheij » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:09 am

I just miss a mod like for oblivion that let's you modify the inventory of every npc with a spell.

There's a similar mod yes, but it only lets you do this for up to 100 NPC's. The Oblivion one had no limit.
To me that gave more of a purpose for all the stuff I find, and allowed me to easily improve the appearance of some characters a bit.
It's just weird if someone sells fancy clothes but does not wear anything fancy themselves. Or supposedly great warriors using very basic equipment.

BradAlmighty

Post by BradAlmighty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:20 am

For those who love Skyrim mods here is a link to a funny (IMO) YouTube series from Polygon.com called "Touch the Skyrim". Where Nick and Griffin add mods to Skyrim until it breaks entirely. It's funny but does feature "mature" language.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... MdXHTLDdnI
Twitter: @BradAlmighty | PSN: BradAlmighty
I have a sticker pack featuring art from one of my best friends check it out iOS users: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1183134671

Zuffy

Post by Zuffy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:55 am

Convenient Horses has been ported* to the special edition.

*Not really, it's apparently almost a complete rewrite.