Please state which version of the game you're using the mod with since this puts any caveats or performance impact into context.
Having moved over to playing Skyrim:SE, two mods that I really like are not yet available; they are SkyUI and Convenient Horses, both rely on SKSE, which at the time I last checked had not been ported to the new version of the game. Anyway, the mods that I am using, are as follows:
- Unofficial Patch (USSEP) - fixes many hundreds of bugs.
- Run for your lives! - Townsfolk run inside during dragon attacks
- When Vampires Attack! - Townsfolk run inside during vampire attacks
- A Quality World Map - Makes the world map usable as a map
- Rustic ... - High-quality, lore-friendly texture replacers
- Clutter Collection
- Soul gems
- Peltapalooza - Replaces the pelts with high quality versions
- Rugnarok - Replaces the rugs with high quality versions
- Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMIM) - Replaces many of the worst meshes in the game with much better versions.
Feel free to share screenshots! I'll post some of my own after the next time I play, assuming I remember to take some!
(use of an image hosting site is preferred over uploading to the forum)