Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! Mod

Gadgets, computers, hardware, programming, beep, boop, 01010101.
bloodyalbatross

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! Mod

Post by bloodyalbatross » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Felicia will probably stream Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! at the end of October or even later, if Calliope allows, and Ryon will maybe stream it next week (Update: he did). Back when Felicia played CSD1 she said she would like to serve us hoomans in that game, so I made a mod that put us hoomans in the game. (Btw. is it hoomans or hoomen?) So of course I started to make a mod for CSD2, too, just in case. I already put in a lot of the old submissions (some of which weren't on screen in any stream of Felicia yet). Some of the old submissions are too low resolution for the new game, so I probably won't include them. In any case I'd like to have new submissions of hoomans! Submit your pictures in this thread if you want them included.

Requirements:
  • Good resolution. Absolute minimum is 300 pixels width of you (not the whole image).
  • Narrow. All the customers except for very few (which are all filled in the early game already) are very slim. So the picture has to be narrow. No sticking out arms or anything. I could also just put your head on the sprite of an existing customer, though.
  • At a slight angle, walking from left to right. After all the customers walk by the counter to get their food.
Example customers:

Image Image

I have to fit the submitted images into those images. I can't make them bigger than what is originally in the game.

Alternatively you could also sit in the background at a table, facing or not facing the camera. That has to be a full body picture including the legs and everything and has to look like one of these basically:

Image Image Image Image

If you're a pro at Photoshop or similar you could also remove the background for me and submit the picture as a transparent PNG (PNG is important for the proper transparency). Painting the background white makes my job actually worse and using GIF ruins the quality, so only do that if you really know what you're doing and leave it up to me otherwise.

You can find the source code and the compiled releases of the patch here on GitHub: https://github.com/panzi/cook-serve-hoomans2
Last edited by bloodyalbatross on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptDaf

Re: Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! Mod

Post by CaptDaf » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Sweet! :)

This is the closest fit I have, otherwise I'll have to ask a friend.
CSD2 th mod.png
CSD2 th mod.png (116.54 KiB) Viewed 314 times
Duct tape is like the Force: it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

Twitch - Twitter - Soundcloud

bloodyalbatross

Post by bloodyalbatross » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:46 pm

@CaptDaf It's nice that you try to reduce my workload, but do you have that unedited and in a higher resolution? Because if you're not a pro, I'd rather do it myself. Thank you! :)

(Not everything is cropped, what is cropped is poorly cropped, why is it 0-1 transparency and not smooth at the edges?)

CaptDaf

Post by CaptDaf » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:14 am

Grin, fair enough. :)
I found the original(s), attached below.
Attachments
IMG_2989.JPG
IMG_2989.JPG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 309 times
IMG_2988.JPG
IMG_2988.JPG (1.66 MiB) Viewed 309 times
Duct tape is like the Force: it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

bloodyalbatross

Post by bloodyalbatross » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:37 pm

@CaptDaf Thank you! Btw. this is (most likely - not yet tested) how it'll look like in the game. (Compare with your first version. :P)

CaptDaf

Post by CaptDaf » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Oh yeah, so much better! :D

Soylent_Heston

Post by Soylent_Heston » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:06 pm

I have attached the most serious photo of myself I could take this evening. If it needs to be narrower, etc, let me know. And sadly, I don't have Photoshop. Sorry.
Attachments
SoylentHooman.png
SoylentHooman.png (4.14 MiB) Viewed 256 times

Zuffy

Post by Zuffy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:13 pm

This seems like a possible application for a seamcarving filter, so I put your picture through one. Here's the result.
seamCarvedSoylenthooman.png
seamCarvedSoylenthooman.png (110.56 KiB) Viewed 237 times
This is my signature placeholder text. I plan to replace it with something useful, interesting etc...

bloodyalbatross

Post by bloodyalbatross » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:53 pm

Thanks, but I burned one of the very few wide sprites for that, see: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/panzi ... OOR/68.png

Zuffy

Post by Zuffy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:04 pm

No problem, it was more an experiment than anything else. :)
This is my signature placeholder text. I plan to replace it with something useful, interesting etc...

Yakumo Fujii

Post by Yakumo Fujii » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:54 am

If you still have my picture from the first game you can go ahead and use that. If not I can try digging it up let me know. Thanks.

bloodyalbatross

Post by bloodyalbatross » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 pm

@Yakumo Fujii I do, but do you have it without the background painted white? As I said in the post, that makes matters worse for me. This is because now I have to remove the background myself manually anyway and I have to cut into you even more to get rid of the white border. Either make the background actually transparent or I remove the background myself. And if you'd have a more narrow picture that would be great, too. You can see how narrow the sprites are. I have to scale you down to dwarf size to get you in there or I have to burn one of the very very few sprites that are a little bit wider. :)