Episode 7 - "Long Time Loyal Listener, Vivian"

Discussion of the Geek Fitness Matters podcast, with Ryon and the Jerd.
TheMightyJerd

Episode 7 - "Long Time Loyal Listener, Vivian"

Post by TheMightyJerd » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:20 am

Sorry for the delay in getting this one out... there were some audio hiccups that required some TLC, and even then I still couldn't manage to fix them all.

Anyway, here it is, episode #7 - http://gfmpodcast.thejerd.com/long-time ... episode-7/
Jeff Mueller (aka The Mighty Jerd)
"Let me help you go from geek to real-life superhero!"
Podcast: Geek Fitness Matter Podcast
Podcast: The Comic Corner

cRandyGamble

Re: Episode 7 - "Long Time Loyal Listener, Vivian"

Post by cRandyGamble » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:06 am

Jeff and Ryon,
I have some news. I just got back from my oncologist and found out that I have lost 80 pounds! I’m at 369, down from just under 450. Not only that, but eating a cleaner diet with FAR less pre-packaged, food-like substances has almost totally wiped out the dry skin patches I have from psoriasis. I feel and look better than I have in several years, and my depression has lifted a noticeable amount as well. I wanted to thank you for the inspiration you have given me over the last couple years; it has made a tremendous impact on my life and I love you guys for it (and for just being awesome and funny dudes). Jeff, I followed the guides in your books you so generously gave out a while back and the results really speak for themselves. Ryon, I’ve said it before, but your passion and dedication to helping others live longer and healthier lives not only inspired me to get started on this journey, but to keep at it even when temptation was literally all around me. This is the first time I have seen such dramatic results from any change in my lifestyle, and I am even more determined to continue making positive enhancements in my life. I really can’t thank you enough. Keep doing what you do; it really…Matters.
Peace and elbow grease,
Candy Gambler

rocketsoup

Post by rocketsoup » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:33 am

cRandyGamble wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:06 am
I have some news. I just got back from my oncologist and found out that I have lost 80 pounds! I’m at 369, down from just under 450. ...
This is all so wonderful to hear, Crambles. Feels like you're starting a new and exciting chapter in your life. I hope down the road you'll reflect on this time as the point when everything started getting much better for you. Kudos for your hard work. I know it isn't easy.
Forum moderator/admin - @rocket_soup - Rocket soo :feliciaOoh: ooup!

cRandyGamble

Post by cRandyGamble » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks for the kudos!! You're right that it's not easy but it's worth doing. While I'm still very heartbroken, this kind of success helps to show me that it's really going to be okay. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggone it, people like me! :P

cRandyGamble

Post by cRandyGamble » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:29 am

I Tweeted about this but thought I'd add it here as well. I have lost 12 more pounds, making my new total 92 pounds lost, at 357 pounds. I'd say the new lifestyle changes are getting me where I need to go or at least in the general direction. I switched my game up from chicken breasts to some lean, thin pork chops for my dinners and I've been enjoying the change (it also takes far less time to prepare them). I'll go back to my oncologist to weigh myself next month and update everyone. Hoping to at least get to 100 pounds lost by then, if not more!!