SDCC 2017 Role Call?

Whatever you feel like talking about! (This forum is publicly visible.)
TheMightyJerd

SDCC 2017 Role Call?

Postby TheMightyJerd » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:27 am

Okay Hoomans, who will be in San Diego this year?

*raises hand*
Jeff Mueller (aka The Mighty Jerd)
"Let me help you go from geek to real-life superhero!"
Podcast: Geek Fitness Matter Podcast
Podcast: The Comic Corner

rocketsoup

Re: SDCC 2017 Role Call?

Postby rocketsoup » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:31 am

I have no idea what will be going on there this year, but I'll be there Thu-Sun for whatever happens!
Forum moderator/admin - @rocket_soup - Rocket soo :feliciaOoh: ooup!

TheMightyJerd

Postby TheMightyJerd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:57 am

I have a feeling the G&S presence will be minimal at best, but I hope I am wrong.

Regardless, I really want to do more socializing this year. Make it more of a vacation then a convention trip... so I'd love to chill and hang out with all my fellow Hoomans!

rocketsoup

Postby rocketsoup » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 am

TheMightyJerd wrote:I have a feeling the G&S presence will be minimal at best, but I hope I am wrong.

That was the main reason I was hesitant to go this year. I don't have a badge (and am honestly more of a video game con kind of guy rather than comic con guy anyway). I spent the bulk of my time at Conival because it made a great home base in between events and stuff. It was great just finding some bleachers and loitering with fellow Hoomans. Then there was also the popup party. They both made great places to casually convene without excluding anyone with costs or limited badges. And Team Hooman is, if nothing else, inclusive!

If Conival doesn't happen this year I hope we find some place with that same easy accessibility. Nerd HQ seemed a bit small and not quite as conducive to just hanging out, but it might work in a pinch. It's free, so that's good. And I'll be curious if anyone else rents out the ballpark if LDN doesn't.

...All those worries aside, I'm there entirely for socializing! I'm sure I'll find some off-site stuff I want to attend, but I wouldn't even dream of going if it weren't a place to see Hoomans. We'll make something work! ...And if not, at absolute worst, I still get to enjoy 4 days in sunny San Diego. :)

Classy_Don

Postby Classy_Don » Fri May 12, 2017 2:24 am

I'll be there.

As to the G&S presence, that's probably guaranteed but it'll be limited to a corner plus little archery/challenge things. Presence and panel wise, IDK about Felicia or Wil, so it'll just be Critical Role and some Alpha things. I hope there is a popup party, for I missed out last year.
Last edited by Classy_Don on Sat May 13, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMightyJerd

Postby TheMightyJerd » Sat May 13, 2017 10:55 am

Classy_Don wrote:I'll be there.

As to the G&S presence, that's probably guaranteed but it'll be limited to a corner plus little archery/challenge things. Presence and panel wise, IDK about Felicia or Wil, so it'll just be Critical Role and some Aplha things. I hope there is a popup party, for I missed out last year.

I would not hold your breath for the pop-up party.

OMGsteveFTW

Postby OMGsteveFTW » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:32 pm

I'll be there as usual. Never had a badge and probably never will so no big deal for me.

It's always fun to go around and look at stuff regardless.

Not sure if you're aware, there is no NerdHQ this year.
Peace, Love, Unity, Respect.
MTFBWY, LLAP

Twitter: OMGsteveFTW
IG: OMGsteveFTW

perlsteve

Postby perlsteve » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Myself and my wife will be returning! I'm not holding my breath either for a pop-up party - would be nice, but a lot has changed so who knows.

Hopefully see a lot of you there - excited for The Guild 10th anniversary poster and signing http://watchtheguild-blog.tumblr.com/post/161637591881/if-you-are-at-awesomecon-or-sdcc-later-this-summer

bloodyalbatross

Postby bloodyalbatross » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:30 am

Yes, I'll be there without a Con badge, too. I really hope Geek and Sundry is doing some off-site stuff where I can hang out. I also hope Felicia and Ryon will be there, but that's also unknown at this point in time.

rocketsoup

Postby rocketsoup » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:08 am

bloodyalbatross wrote:Yes, I'll be there without a Con badge, too. I really hope Geek and Sundry is doing some off-site stuff where I can hang out. I also hope Felicia and Ryon will be there, but that's also unknown at this point in time.

Ryon's looking like a no. Josephine's looking like probably not. Felicia will be in San Diego and expressed excitement about RacCon, so I'll coordinate with :feliciaToronto: to maximize our chances, but it'd be good to manage expectations toward it not working out. Plan on seeing Hoomans and maaaybe get pleasantly surprised by some special guests. :)

Return to “General”