RacCon 2017 SDCC info thread!

Any and all announcements can go here. Twitch telethon? Hooman Meetup? Movie Night? Let everyone know! (This forum is publicly visible.)
rocketsoup

RacCon 2017 SDCC info thread!

Postby rocketsoup » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Hi all! I wanted to start a thread to plan RacCon 2017 at San Diego Comic Con this year. I'll keep this top post updated as information comes in and plans are firmed up.

Last updated: 2017-06-17

Keeping In Touch

First, keep an eye on this post! Bigger plans and information will be recorded here.

You can also keep an eye on the #RacCon hashtag on Twitter during SDCC to see what other Hoomans are up to.

Lastly, there is a Twitter DM thread with a bunch of San Diego-bound Hoomans. This is the best way to find out about real-time updates and impromptu social plans. If you want to be added, ping me at @rocket_soup on Twitter! (If the constant notifications drive you crazy you can mute the thread and still catch up on your own time.)

Main RacCon Meetup

PLACEHOLDER! We want to do some kind of meetup, but there's still too much up in the air to know exactly when or where! It might wind up being very last minute depending on circumstances. We definitely want to give people as much notice as possible, but, well... that may be hard. Check socials often!

FAQ

• Will there be a Conival again this year? - Last year, Geek & Sundry's offsite event, Conival, was a great place to meet up with other Hoomans, both during the RacCon meetup and spontaneously throughout the convention weekend. It was at the spacious PetCo Park and had free admission. There has been no official announcement yet, but the tea leaves point to there being a Conival of some kind! Will it be bigger? Smaller? In the same location? There has been no official word on this stuff yet. Last year Conival was announced a mere two weeks before SDCC, so we may have to wait a while for more details.
  • Will there be a G&S popup party again this year? - Even less is publicly known! And as the name implies, they tend to "popup" very last minute (I recall last year's wasn't announced until that morning).
  • Where will RacCon be? - Unsure! Last year it was at Conival. We'll have to see what works as off-site announcements are made. Worst case, we'll likely have a lot of smaller get-togethers at restaurants and such, but I'm hopeful we'll find some place larger and easier to gather at.
  • Who will be there?
    • A lot of Hoomans! Last year we had about 50 at the RacCon meetup, and surely many more in San Diego who weren't able to make that event.
    • Felicia will be in San Diego, but it's unclear what her availability will be. She'll certainly be busy, and she does have a baby now, so don't be too surprised or disappointed if she's unable to make it to a Hooman meetup! But we'll do everything we can to accommodate her schedule and increase the odds.
    • Sounds like Ryon won't be attending this year.
    • Possibly other on-air personalities from Geek & Sundry, but too early to tell.
  • Do I need a badge / money / a human sacrifice to attend? - If you don't have an SDCC pass, don't worry. Most of us don't. Any major Team Hooman meetup is much more likely to occur off-site at a place anybody can go. Even folks with SDCC passes don't necessarily have them for the same days, so a meetup in the convention center isn't all that practical anyway. You won't miss out, don't worry!
  • What else is there to do in San Diego during Comic Con? - TBD! Please comment with any offsite events you hear about (with links if possible)! Last year Geek & Sundry's Conival and NerdHQ were big ones. NerdHQ won't have an off-site this year, sadly. Conival has not yet been announced.

If you've got info about meetups, interesting off-site events, or things going on at SDCC proper, share them in the comments!
Forum moderator/admin - @rocket_soup - Rocket soo :feliciaOoh: ooup!

rocketsoup

Re: RacCon 2017 SDCC info thread!

Postby rocketsoup » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:47 am

Last year I made some faux RacCon convention badges as souvenirs for Hoomans at SDCC, and I'm doing it again this year. I'll be at as many gatherings as possible, and if you see me just ask and I'll give you one for free!

:feliciaHeart:

badges.jpg
badges.jpg (160.48 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Forum moderator/admin - @rocket_soup - Rocket soo :feliciaOoh: ooup!

Return to “Announcements”